Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Alex Majoli

Majoli's image of a tree captures the viewpoint in great perspective. After really looking at this tree, I started to feel a sense of surrealism which I have a great interest in when it comes to black and white photography. I also find the tree's shape of the branches and the hill the tree is mounted on very intriguing. It is as though the tree symbolizes hope and life. 

 When I first took a glance at this photograph, I thought it was the train's view as it's riding alongside the train tracks. The picture is a little bit blurry and it makes me think that the train is going at full speed on the train tracks. 

I found this image quite interesting because of the season that it was shot (winter). It gives off a sense of that "winter-feeling" in the picture. I like the square-fenced towards the left side of the image and I also like the trees in the background. They give off a quiet sensation in the air, especially the snow covered ground surrounding the whole image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment