Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Walker Evans Photography

 (1936)
What I find interesting about this photograph is the woman's facial expressions taken in the photograph. She seems to look worried and serious at the same time and I can relate to this photograph a lot because at times I can have a serious worry-full look on my face. The expression lines in the middle of her forehead really tells the viewer the type of person she is.  
                                             
 (1936)
This photograph of a church describes me in a sense of religious beliefs. I am a Christian and I grew up in a Christian church so that is how I relate myself to this photograph. Also this church is quite small and not extremely large like a cathedral would be. I would rather be in a small church then a larger church because I feel more secure and more closer to God. 

 (1931)
This photograph does not completely relate to me, but what i find interesting about it is the woman with the ripped up face and the man beside her with a tear-like look coming down his eye. Her face looks frightened at the subject she is looking at. Not just that but her face also looks like she is bleeding down her face as though she just got shot or something. The ripped up poster like photograph really makes the image look very interesting if it was in comparison to a poster that was not touched. 


(All images downloaded from metmuseum.org) Walker Evans- American; 1903-1975

No comments:

Post a Comment